From Rocon Wiki
The conductor organises clients and their connectivity. It is a mechanical component that includes no intelligence of it’s own.
- Detects potential concert clients
- Retrieves platform information and a list of executable applications from the client.
- If requested by the orchestra, it will invite or accept a client into the concert.
- When requested by the orchestra, will send retasking requests to the client (via start/stop app calls)
- Clients are usually represented by a concatenated tuple assembled from the platform information and the currently executing app. e.g. linux.ros.turtlebot.none, linux.ros.turtlebot.coffee_delivery, android.ros.jellybean.dorothy_cafe_menu.